TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL AGREEMENT
THE RENTAL AGREEMENT SIGNED BY YOU AS RENTER, OR ADDITIONAL RENTER, (HEREINAFTER “YOU”), WHICH INCLUDES THESE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS WHICH YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN WHEN YOU RENT THE VEHICLE, TOGETHER CONSTITUTE THE AGREEMENT (the ”AGREEMENT”) FOR THE RENTAL OF THE VEHICLE IDENTIFIED IN THE RENTAL AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ALL THE VEHICLE’S PARTS (the “VEHICLE”). THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU AND BRISTOL RENTALS LTD., (“BRISTOL”).
- NATURE OF THIS AGREEMENT
You are obtaining solely a bailment that allows You to use the vehicle as permitted by the Agreement. You acknowledge that the Vehicle is owned by Bristol or leased by Bristol from a third party. No one other than Bristol may transfer the Vehicle or any rights or obligations under this Agreement. Any attempted transfer or sublease of the Vehicle by anyone other than Bristol is void. Neither You nor a Permitted Additional Driver, (as defined below), are agents of Bristol. No one may service, repair, or tow the rental vehicle without Bristol’s prior express written approval. BRISTOL MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR THAT THE VEHICLE IS FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- WHO MAY OPERATE THE VEHICLE
Only You and persons specified by You who are acceptable to Bristol and whose names and background information are provided by You and recorded by Bristol as Permitted Additional Drivers may operate the rental vehicle with Your permission, (such person(s) specified hereinafter “Permitted Additional Drivers”).
All renters, Additional Renters, and Permitted Additional Drivers must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license from a jurisdiction acceptable to Bristol. Renters, Additional Renters and Permitted Additional Drivers must present the original copy of their valid Driver’s License at a Bristol location and be listed on the Rental Agreement as a Renter or Additional Renters or recorded as a Permitted Additional Driver by Bristol. With respect to a person who must sign as an Additional Renter or be recorded as a Permitted Additional Driver, other qualifications may, at Bristol’s discretion, be in effect at the time and place of rental and, where permitted by law, Bristol may impose an additional fee for such persons. By operation the Vehicle, the Additional Renter will be jointly and severally responsible for all obligations under this Agreement and will be responsible to Bristol for all actions of the Permitted Additional Driver(s).
EXCEPT ONLY FOR ORDINARY WEAR DUE TO REASONABLE AND EXPECTED USE, YOU MUST RETURN THE VEHICLE TO BRISTOL IN THE SAME CONDITION IT WAS IN WHEN YOU RECEIVED IT. YOU MUST RETURN THE VEHICLE TO BRISTOL BY THE DUE BACK DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED ON THE RENTAL AGREEMENT, OR SOONER IF DEMANDED BY BRISTOL. THE VEHICLE WILL REMAIN SUBJECTED TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VEHICLE, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGE OCCURRING TO THE VEHICLE FROM THE TIME AND DATE OUT UNTIL YOU HAVE RETURNED THE VEHICLE AND BRISTOL HAS INSPECTED AND ACCEPTED IT. IF YOU RETURN THE VEHICLE WHEN THE RETURN LOCATION IS CLOSED, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE VEHICLE CONTINUES UNTIL THE NEXT DAY THAT THE RETURN LOCATION IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS AND BRISTOL HAS INSPECTED AND ACCEPTED IT. TIME CHARGES, CHARGES FOR LOSS DAMAGE WAIVER (LDW), AND ANY CHARGES FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES OR OTHER CHARGES WHICH ARE STATED ON THE RENTAL AGREEMENT AS A PERIODIC RATE, MAY CONTINUE TO ACCRUE UNTIL THE VEHICLE IS RETURNED OR IF RETURNED WHEN THE RETURN LOCATION IS CLOSED THEN UNTIL THE RETURN LOCATION REOPENS FOR BUSINESS. If you do not return the Vehicle when required by this agreement, then Bristol may, at your expense, (including “recovery expense” as defined herein), recover the Vehicle where and when it is found. If the Vehicle is found illegally parked or apparently abandoned, or if the Vehicle is used as prohibited under paragraph 5, then Bristol may recover the Vehicle to the extent permitted by law. You waive any right to a hearing or to receive any notice or legal process as pre-condition for Bristol recovering the Vehicle. Upon return if the Vehicle requires more than Bristol’s standard cleaning or there is evidence of smoking, Bristol may charge You an additional fee to have the Vehicle cleaned.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE AND OPTIONAL LOSS DAMAGE WAIVER, etc.
a) Except as stated below or to the extend required by the law of the applicable jurisdiction, You are responsible for all loss of or damage to the Vehicle resulting from any cause, (Whether or not cause by You or any Additional Renter or Permitted Additional Driver), including but not limited to dents, windshield chips or cracks, tire damage, collision, rollover, theft, vandalism, seizure, fire, flood, hail or acts of nature or god, regardless of fault.
b) Our responsibility will not exceed the less of:
(1) The costs incurred by Bristol to repair the Vehicle or which Bristol would have incurred if the Vehicle was repaired; OR,
(2) The fair market value of the Vehicle at the time the Vehicle is lost or damaged. Less any net disposal proceeds.
Plus: Costs for towing, storage and impound fees; diminution of value of the Vehicle as determined by Bristol; the full retail value for the loss of use of the Vehicle; and related administrative charges ; the foregoing reduced by all that Bristol recovers from any other party. In respect of damage, you are not responsible for mechanical damage unrelated to an accident or that could reasonably be expected from normal use of the Vehicle except in instances where abuse or neglect by You or a Permitted Additional Driver is shown. You will not be liable for loss due to theft or the vehicle unless it is established that You, or a Permitted Additional Driver failed to exercise reasonable care, or committed or aided and abetted the theft of the vehicle.
c) If the Vehicle is returned with damage, then within 48 hours after the Vehicle is returned, You or your insurer must notify Bristol that you wish to inspect the damaged Vehicle or the right to inspect the damaged Vehicle will be deemed waived. The inspection must be completed within 5 days of the return of the Vehicle. However, if Bristol determines the Vehicle to be a total loss and subject to salvage, the 48 hour period shall not apply and Your or our insurer shall have 7 days to inspect the Vehicle from the date Bristol mails or emails a notice of your obligation. In any event, You must execute and return to Bristol a complete and accurate Police report and incident report, describing any physical and/or mechanical damage.
d) If You have purchased the optional loss damage waiver (“LDW”) or tire and windshield damage waiver (“G&T”) or other program offered by Bristol to limit your responsibility for damages which in each case is NOT INTENDED TO BE INSURANCE, Bristol will not hold You responsible for the loss or damage to the vehicle except to the extent of the applicable deductible amount shown as your financial responsibility on page one of the Agreement and subjection to subparagraph 4e) below.
e) If you have accepted LDW then your LDW will be void in the following circumstances: (i) The loss or damage is caused intentionally or as a result of willful, wanton or reckless conduct of the Driver; (ii) The loss or damage arises out of the Driver’s operation of the Vehicle while intoxicated or impaired by the use of alcohol or drugs; (iii) Bristol entered into the rental transaction based on fraudulent or materially false information supplied by You and/or a Permitted Additional Driver; (iv) The loss or damage arises out of the use of the Vehicle while engaged in the commission of a crime or contrary to any applicable law. Other than a traffic infraction; (v) The loss or damage arises out of the use of the Vehicle to carry person(s) or property for hire, to push or tow anything, (unless Bristol has provide its prior written approval specifically authorizing towing with the Vehicle and the use for towing complies with that authorization), while engaged in a speed contest, operating off road, or for driver’s training; (vi) The loss or damage arises out of the use of the Vehicle by a person other than You or a Permitted Additional Driver; (vii) The loss or damage arises out of the use of the Vehicle outside of Canada without first obtaining specific written permission by Bristol, which permission may be withheld in Bristol’s sole discretion; (viii) You or Permitted Additional Drivers have failed to comply with the requirements for reporting damage or loss as set forth herein; (ix) The loss or damage arises out of a collision with an overhead and/or stationary object and/or and object offering insufficient height, width or clearance; OR (x) Loss or damage occurs during or related to use which is prohibited herein, including with limitations in paragraph 5 of this Agreement.
f)Notice: For an additional charge, You may purchase optional vehicle protection to limit your financial responsibility for damage or loss to the rental vehicle to the deductible as specified in the first page of this Agreement. As the purchase of optional vehicle protection is optional. It may be declined by You. You are advised to carefully consider whether to purchase this protection and whether you have other means to provide rental vehicle collision protection.
g)You grant Bristol a limited power of attorney to present claims for damage to or loss of the Vehicle to your insurance carrier. If such coverage exists under your automobile insurance policy you may request that Bristol submit claims to your insurance carrier as your agent.
5) PROHIBITED USE OF THE VEHICLE
NEITHER YOU NOR ANY ADDITIONAL RENTER NOR AUTHORIZED OPERATOR MAY:
a) Permit the use of the Vehicle by anyone other than You, an Additional Renter of a Permitted Additional Driver;
b) Intentionally destroy, damage or aid in the theft of the Vehicle;
c) Allow the Vehicle to be affected by any illegal behaviour or circumstance.
d) Take or attempt to take the Vehicle anywhere outside Canada except as expressly permitted under this Agreement.
e)Engage in any willful or wanton misconduct, including but not limited to reckless conduct such as: the failure to use seat belts, the failure to use child seats or other child restraints where legally required, use when overloaded, use on unpaved roads or on roads which are not regularly maintained by a governmental authority, leaving the Vehicle and failing to remove the keys, or failing to close and lock all doors, Vehicle windows or the trunk.
f) Use or permit the use of the Vehicle by anyone:
- Not listed as renter, additional renter, or permitted additional driver;
2. Intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other absorbed elements which may adversely affect a person’s ability to drive safely;
3. For any purpose or in any manner that could be charged as a crime, including by not limited to illegal transportation of persons, drugs, or contraband;
4. To tow or push anything unless specifically authorized in writing by Bristol
5. In a speed test, speed contest, race, rally, speed endurance contest, parade or demonstration;
6. In Driver training activity;
7.To carry a person or property for hire (i.e. for a charge or fee);
8.If the Vehicle has been obtained from Bristol by fraud or misrepresentation, OR
9. To carry hazardous materials (other than customary quantities of materials used in the operation of the Vehicle that are stored with the containers provided for them), explosives, biologically active materials that are hazardous to human health or radioactive material.
Any use of the Vehicle in a manner prohibited above:
i)To the extent permitted by applicable law will cause You to lose the benefit of any limitation of your liability for loss of or damage to the Vehicle; see also paragraph 4e) with respect to the circumstances in which LDW will be void;
ii)To the extent permitted by applicable law, will cause You to lose the benefit of all coverage provided by Bristol under this Agreement; and
iii)Will constitute a breach of this agreement, making You responsible, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for the actual and consequential damages to Bristol caused by the breach, together with Bristol’s related costs and legal fees.
- PAYMENT CHARGES
You are responsible for all charges in any way incurred pursuant to this Agreement (the ”Charges”). Furthermore, You are jointly and severally responsible for payment of all Charges, together with any person, corporation or other entity whom, with Bristol’s consent, You direct the Charges to be billed. If you direct Charges to be billed to any person, corporation or other entity, You represent that You are authorized to do so. Charges not paid on time as required by this Agreement may be subject to late payment fees. You may also be charged a fee for any cheque used for payment of Charges that is returned to Bristol unpaid or for any credit, charge, debit/cheque charges which are not honoured. Payment for all Charges is due on the Due Back Date and Time in cash or by credit card, charge card, debit/cheque card or other device acceptable to Bristol. You may be required to present a credit card at the commencement of the rental and to agree to permit Bristol to bill charges to that card. Charges not known to Bristol at the Due Back Date and Time are payable by You, or by the person, corporation, or other entity to whom such Charges are to be billed, immediately upon issuance of an invoice therefore or by billing to the credit card, charge card or debit card presented at the time of rental or at time of return of the Vehicle. The payment of Charges by use of a credit card, charge card, debit card is governed by the terms of Your agreement with the card issuer.
If you present a credit card, charge card, or debit card at the commencement of the rental you authorize Bristol to:
- Reserve credit with or obtain an authorization from the card issuer at the time of rental in an amount that is greater than the estimated charges exclusive of any applicable discounts or promotions that are applied at time of the Vehicle’s return; and
- Process charges associated with this agreement, including, but not limited to: damages to the Vehicle, mechanical or maintenance negligence, fuel costs, excess cleaning charges, parking tickets, red light ticket infractions, 407 electronic toll highway charges, toll charges, administration fees, towing charges, vehicle impoundment fees or storage fees, vehicle non-location drop fees, and downtime or loss of use of rental vehicle.
Bristol will process one or more vouchers of payment for all charges at or following the completion of the rental. Bristol may audit all charges. If any errors are found, You will pay the corrected charges. If payment was by credit card, charge card, debit card, You authorized Bristol to correct the Charges by means of a further charge(s) against your card. Bristol will notify you of any correction.
7. COMPUTATION OF CHARGES
The following are Charges You are responsible for:
- Time Charges are computed at the rates specified in the Agreement for days, weeks, and months. Extra hours and extra days (including days in excess of any longer specified time period). The minimum rental charge is for one rental day. Rental days consist of consecutive 24-hour periods starting at the time the rental begins (time and date out), or any portion of the calendar day, as noted in the Agreement unless returned on time as otherwise specified herein. The extra hours rate shown in the Agreement is charged or each full or partial hour in excess of a rental day until such extra hours’ Charges equal the daily rate specified on the Rental Agreement for an extra day. As stated in Paragraph 3, if the Vehicle is returned when the rental location is closed, Time Charges may continue to accrue until the return location reopens for business. If You fail to comply with any conditions specified in the Agreement applicable to special rates, You will be charged at Bristol’s rental rates which are otherwise applicable.
- Kilometre Charges, including those for extra kilometres, if any, are based on the per kilometre rate specified in this Agreement. The number of kilometres driven is determined by subtracting the Vehicle’s odometer reading at the beginning of the rental (the Time and Date Out) from the reading when the Vehicle is returned (the Time and Date In), excluding tenths of kilometres. The per kilometre rate is then multiplied number of kilometres driven or, in the case of extra kilometres, by the number of kilometres driven in excess of the number of kilometres allowed, as specified in the Agreement. The result is the Kilometre Charge.
- A Service Charge may be applied if you return the Vehicle to any location other than the location from which it is rented.
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW), Platinum Plus Coverage, Glass and Tire Protection, Additional Renter or Permitted Additional Driver(s) charges, Under Age Fees, Dolly Rentals, Tow Hitch Rental, Out of Province Fees. Refuelling Charges, if applicable are due and payable in full for each full or partial rental day, at the rate specified in this Agreement.
- Taxes, fees, tax reimbursements, vehicle licensing fees, maintenance fees, airport and/or hotel related fees and fee recoveries and government or other surcharges and similar fees are charged/recovered as and where required or permitted by applicable law.
- Recovery Expenses consists of all costs of any kind incurred by Bristol in recovering the Vehicle either pursuant to this Agreement, or if it is seized by governmental authorities as a result of its use by You, any Permitted Additional Drivers or any other operator of the Vehicle, including, but not limited to, all lawyer’s fee, court costs, and administration fees.
- Collection Expenses consists of all costs of any kind incurred by Bristol in collecting Charges from You or the person, corporation, or other entity to whom they are billed, including but not limited to all legal fees and court costs.
- Late Payment Fees at the rate specified in the Rental Agreement may be applied to any Overdue Accounts of balance due for Charges that are not paid within 30 days of Bristol’s mailing or emailing of an invoice for such Charges to You or the person, corporation or other entity to whom they are to be billed. Such invoice may be mailed or emailed to Your or their address specified at time of rental, or Your or their billing address on file with Bristol.
- Fines of Other Expenses include, but are not limited to, fines, penalties, legal fees and court costs assessed against or paid by Bristol resulting from the use of the Vehicle by You or any Permitted Additional Driver.
- Charges for Additional Services, such as Navigation Systems, infant or toddler seats, if applicable, will be charged at the applicable rates specified in this Agreement. Charges for additional services, if stated in this Agreement as a daily rate are due and payable for each full or partial rental day.
- Any Other Charges specified in this agreement will be charged at the applicable rates specified in the Agreement. Any such charges which are stated in this Agreement as a daily rate shall be due and payable for each full and partial rental day.
- Charges will continue to accrue until the Vehicle is returned to Bristol. Subject to paragraph 3. Or if the Vehicle has been stolen, until You report the theft to both the police in the jurisdiction in which the theft occurs and in writing to Bristol.
- Loss of Use of Rental Vehicle: In the event You return the Vehicle in a damaged condition, You will be responsible for Time Charges which accrue during the period of time from the return of the Vehicle to Bristol until the Vehicle is repaired and available for rental again.8. REFUELLING OPTIONS
Most Bristol vehicles come with a full take of gas, but that is not always the case. These are three refueling options.
- If You do not purchase fuel from Bristol at the beginning of the your rental and You return the Vehicle with as much fuel as was in it when you received it, You will not pay Bristol a charge for fuel.
- If You do not purchase fuel from Bristol at the beginning of your rental and You return the Vehicle with less fuel than was in it when You received it, Bristol will charge You a fuel Charge and Service Charge at an applicable per-litre rate or per-kilometre driven rate as determined by Bristol. To calculate this Fuel Charge amount, Bristol multiplies the number of litres needed to refuel the fuel tank to the level it was at when You received the Vehicle, by the per-litre or per kilometre driven rate.
- If You choose to purchase fuel from Bristol at the beginning of your rental by selecting the fuel purchase option, You will be charged as shown on the rental Agreement for that purchase. If You choose this option. You will not incur an additional fuel and service charge, but You will not receive any credit for fuel left in the tank at the time of return.
The cost of refuelling the vehicle yourself at the local service station will generally be lower than Bristol’s fuel and service charge and the fuel purchase option. However, the fuel and service charge and the fuel purchase option allow for the convenience of not having to stop and refuel the vehicle prior to return.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPERTY
You agree that Bristol, its agents, employees and affiliates are not responsible to You, any permitted additional driver(s) or anyone else for the loss of or damage to personal property which includes, without limitation, property left in any Bristol vehicle or brought on Bristol’s premises, no matter how cause, including but not limited to acts or omissions by You or anyone else, or, to the extent permitted by law, by Bristol. You and any authorized operator(s) agree to indemnify and hold Bristol, its agents, employees and affiliates, harmless from any claim against Bristol for loss or damage to personal property that is connected with any rental under this Agreement.
- LIABILITY PROTECTION
Except to the extent required by the law of the applicable jurisdiction:
- Bristol does not provide insurance coverage or undertake financial responsibility to You or Permitted Additional Drivers, passengers or third parties through this Agreement.
- If valid automobile liability insurance or self insurance is available on any basis to You, Permitted Additional Drivers or any other driver and such insurance or self insurance satisfies the applicable law, such insurance is primary and Bristol extends none of its insurance or financial responsibility.
- In the event legal liability is imposed upon Bristol, You and/or Permitted Additional Drivers due to an accident or occurrence, motor vehicle liability insurance available to You and/or Permitted Additional Drivers are primary coverage and must respond to the liability of Bristol, You and Permitted Additional Drivers and drivers.
- In the event legal liability is imposed upon Bristol, You and/or Permitted Additional Drivers due to an accident or occurrence, You and Permitted Additional Drivers and drivers shall indemnify and hold harmless Bristol for the amount(s) of any such liability.
If You and Permitted Additional Drivers are in compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and if Bristol is obligated to extend its insurance to You, Permitted Additional Drivers or third parties, then Bristol’s obligation is limited to the applicable minimum financial amounts. To the extent required by law, Bristol’s insurance may also provide for limited Accident Benefits and Uninsured/ Unidentified Motorist Coverage. Bristol does not otherwise assume or extend any financial responsibility or insurance coverage to You, Permitted Additional Drivers, passengers or third parties. Bristol’s responsibility does not extend to liability imposed or assumed by anyone under any worker’s compensation act. Plan or contract.
Indemnification by You and Permitted Additional Drivers
Subject to the foregoing in the paragraph 10:
- You and Permitted Additional Driers shall defend, indemnify and hold Bristol harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands costs, legal fees and other expenses incurred by Bristol in any manner from this Agreement or from the use of the Vehicle by any person.
- With respect to the protection provided by LDW, if purchased. Bristol waives indemnification to the extent of LDW protection.
Personal Injury Accident Benefits and Uninsured/Unidentified Motorist Protection:
Except as required by law, or as provided for in the Agreement, Bristol does not provide personal injury Accident Benefits protection, or Uninsured/Unidentified Motorist protection through this Agreement. You expressly select such protection in the minimum limits with the maximum deductible and expressly waive and reject any such protection in excess of the minimum amounts required by law.
Operation of Vehicle Outside Canada
The Vehicle may not be driven outside Canada without first obtaining specific written permission from Bristol, which permission may be withheld in Bristol’s sole discretion. If permitted, You must first obtain through Bristol valid insurance coverage outside of Canada. Bristol does not provide any liability or loss damage waiver protection related to the Agreement while the vehicle is outside of Canada.
- ACCIDENTS, THEFT AND VANDALISM
You must report any accident. Damage, theft or vandalism involving the Vehicle as soon as possible and in any event within 24-hours to Bristol and the police in the jurisdiction in which such incident takes place. You shall obtain as many details as possible concerning witnesses, other vehicles involved and their drivers, owners and relevant insurances. If You or any Permitted Additional Driver(s) receive any papers or documents relating to such an incident, those papers and documents must be promptly given to Bristol. You and any Permitted Additional Driver(s) shall cooperate fully with Bristol’s investigation of such incident and defense of any resulting claim. Failure to cooperate fully will void all liability protection and LDW coverage. You and any Permitted Additional Drivers authorize Bristol to obtain any records of information relating to any incident, irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the courts and the jurisdiction in which the incident occurs and waive any right to object to such jurisdiction.
- LIMITS OF LIABILITY
Bristol will not be liable to You or any Permitted Additional Drivers for any indirect, special, or consequential damages (including lost profits) arising in anyway out of any matter covered by this Agreement.
You understand and agree that it is improper for You to file a lawsuit concerning the Agreement against any entity other than Bristol.
13. PARKING AND TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS/TOLLS/PRIVACY/KEYS
a) PAY YOUR TICKETS/TOLLS IMMEDIATELY – You are responsible for traffic/toll/parking violations and towing/storage/impoundment charges, and any related fees and penalties incurred during the rental. You will be charged for any such costs imposed on Bristol and to the extent permitted by law, administrative fees, including those related to collection expense or the cost of sending information about you to a government entity.
b) Bristol may collect and use personally identifiable data about You, among other things, Bristol may use and disclose personally identifiable data about You as it reasonably believes is necessary to protect its business; to comply with applicable law; to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property to You or others; and to permit Bristol to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that it may sustain. Bristol may disclose personally in identifiable data about You in response to requests from law enforcement agencies or government regulators.
c) If You lose the keys and/or the remote keyless entry to the Vehicle, or if you lock the keys and/or the remote keyless entry in the Vehicle and request assistance from Bristol, Bristol may charge You for the costs of replacing the keys and/or the Vehicle’s remote keyless entry,(if possible), or towing the Vehicle to the nearest Bristol location.
14. WAIVER OR CHANGE OF TERMS/GOVERNING LAW
- No term of the Agreement may be waived or changed except in writing, signed only by a representative of Bristol who is expressly authorized to do so.
- Subject to Section 10, this Agreement shall be governed by the substantive law of the jurisdiction in which the rental commences, without giving effect to the choice of laws rules thereof, and you irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the courts located in that jurisdiction.
- If an provision of the Agreement conflicts with any applicable law of regulation in any jurisdiction, then that provision shall be deemed to be modified to the extent necessary to be consistent with such law of regulation, or to be deleted if modification is impossible, and shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of the Agreement is held to be so broad as to be unenforceable in any jurisdiction, then that provision shall be interpreted to be only so broad as is necessary for it to be enforceable in such jurisdiction.15.TRACKING AND MONITORING NOTICE AND RELEASE
The Vehicle may be equipped with tracking device(s) or Telematics System(s). Bristol has the right to monitor, track and locate the Vehicle through Telematics Systems or otherwise. Bristol has the right to disable and repossess the Vehicle through Telematics Systems or otherwise without demand at your expense at any time if the Vehicle is illegally parked, used in breach of the geographic driving restrictions, used in violation of any law, the Vehicle appears to be abandoned or if your contract with Bristol is breached in anyway. Some or all Telematics System functionality may or may not be active during the rental period or may be deactivated automatically or may cause the Vehicle to shut down or become inoperable and without warning or notice. You and Permitted Additional Drivers acknowledge that such systems utilize wireless technology to transmit data and, therefore, privacy cannot be guaranteed and is specifically waived and disclaimed by You and Permitted Additional Drivers. You and Permitted Additional Drivers authorize any person’s use or disclosure of or access to i) location information ii) automatic crash notification to any person for use in the operation of an automatic crash notification system and iii) operational condition, mileage, diagnostic and performance reporting of the Vehicle as permitted by law. You shall inform all Permitted Additional Drivers and passengers of the terms of this section and You have authorized such use, disclosure or access as provide herein. You and Permitted Additional Drivers release Bristol, the operator of the Telematics System, wireless carrier(s) and other suppliers of components or services and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents from any damages (including incidental and/or consequential damages) properly or otherwise arising from the use of the Telematics System by You and/or Permitted Additional Drivers or Bristol.