You’ve rented a truck from Bristol, now you’re driving along the highway and there’s a truck inspection station ahead with the lights flashing to enter, what do you do? A lot of renters are not sure if they need to enter or not. We’ve made a simple list of those Bristol vehicles that are required to enter for you.
Here are the Bristol vehicles that are REQUIRED to enter truck inspection/weigh stations:
Vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 4,500 kgs or more that are being used for business/commercial use.
For our Bristol fleet that includes;
- Business or commercial use of 20 and 24 foot straight trucks
- Business or commercial use 20 and 24 foot flatbed trucks
- Business or commercial use of 18 and 20 foot refrigerated trucks
- Business or commercial use of 1 ton pick up trucks – all Dodge Ram 3500s and Ford F350s
Renters must note that anyone renting any of the above vehicles for business/commercial reasons MUST posses their own CVOR (Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration) number.
Here’s Bristol trucks that are NOT REQUIRED to enter truck inspection/weigh stations:
- Personal/Residential Moves using a 20 and 24 foot trucks
- Personal/Residential Moves/Business/Commercial use of a Cube van
- Personal/Residential Moves/Business/Commercial use of a Cargo van
- Personal/Residential Moves/Business/Commercial use of a 1 ton, 1/2 ton and 1/4 ton pick up trucks (example Ford F150 and F250)
- Personal Use/Residential Moves use of a 1 ton pick truck
- Passenger Van Rental (11 & 15 passenger buses)
What Documents are required for an inspection station?
- Bristol rental agreement
- Valid driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
- Valid insurance slip
- Vehicle safety document
- Renter’s CVOR if being used for business purposes
- Daily log book (maybe exempt if driven less than 160 kms radius of start of the day and return the same location at the end of the day)