Bristol Rentals Ltd.
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to BRISTOL RENTALS LTD.’s daily operations.
BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. strives to protect and respect personal information of its customers, employees, business partners, and so on in accordance with all applicable regional and federal laws. Each staff member of BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. must abide by this organization’s procedures and practices when handling personal information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, driver’s license number, e-mail address, social insurance number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, and personal views.
Business information is defined as BRISTOL RENTALS LTD., business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), and director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal information, thereby authorizing BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. to collect, use, and disclose the individual’s personal information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
- Implied consent is granted by the individual when he/she signs the application or form. This allows BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. to obtain or verify information from third parties (such as banks, credit bureaus, lenders, or insurance companies) in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, customer, client, job applicant, or business partner.
BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
- For collection of amounts due from customer
- To obtain customer’s credit profile to establish credit with Bristol Rentals Ltd.
- To provide personal information to an insurance company in order to invoice an insurance company directly on behalf of customer.
- To process an insurance claim.
- To better understand our clientele for purpose of providing or enhancing services.
- BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. assumes full accountability for the personal information within its possession and control. This organization has appointed Jory Kesten, President, as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. obtains personal information directly from the individual to which the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. uses personal information and this organization will limit the use of any personal information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. will obtain individual consent if personal information is to be used for any other purpose. BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. – M will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. BRISTOL RENTALS LTD .maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- BRISTOL RENTALS LTD.’s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected from virus attacks or “snooping” by software solutions.
- Personal information is not transferred to volunteers, summer students, interns, or other non-paid staff by e-mail or any other electronic format.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- What options are available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information?
- The information technology security procedures in place that protect against the destruction, loss, theft, alteration, or misuse of personal information under BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. – M possession and control.
- How the individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in their personal information.
- BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. – may share compiled demographic information with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This Web site may contain links to other sites, but BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. – M is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations’ sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Any registration or order form asking site visitors to enter personal or financial information will be protected by SSL encryption.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal information used at the point where the information is gathered.
- In most instances, BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. will grant individuals access to their personal information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his/her personal information, please notify BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. – as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. deny an individual’s request for access to his/her personal information, BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. may use personal information without the individual’s consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- BRISTOL RENTALS LTD. is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal, law under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.
This policy can also be found on our website under the Policies page and Frequently Asked Questions.